When coffee was first discovered people knew little of its medicinal value. The aroma and energy were good enough reason to popularize the drink. downtime several researches have been conducted to analyze the stand of coffee as a health-beverage and well amusingly the results are rather positive.
Scientific researches found the basic elements of caffeine and antioxidants as beneficial health agents and anti-aging substance. Let’s have a brief view on coffee- benefits.
• Anti –oxidants present in coffee, helps to recover your damaged body-cells.
• Caffeine, the essential element of coffee functions to reduce mental depression. According to Harvard study, women who drink coffee regularly have a lesser risk of getting depressed.
• Recent study found that coffee lessens risk of strokes in women, almost up to 25 percent. According to another study, male smokers who are coffee drinkers, have lesser chance of stroke.
• It has been found that caffeine can boost the levels of granulocyte colony which acts as a stimulating factor to prevent brain disease like Alzheimer’s. A report on Alzheimer’s disease stated that elderly people if they drink coffee can fight away this disease.
• Diabetes is a most common disease in recent world. It has been found that coffee consumption is a good way to reduce diabetes 2 risk. An Archives of Internal Medicine review of studies from 2009, tells the importance of coffee as one diabetes 2 reducing factor. Researches found that every extra cup of coffee reduces the chance of diabetes 2 by 7 percent.
• Coffee containing caffeine helps to lessen certain types of cancer risks. Researches from Harvard medical school have found caffeine effective for skin cancer and basal cell carcinoma. Drinking three or more cups coffee per day can lower 20 percent skin cancer risk in a woman. This percentage becomes 9, in case of a male caffeinated coffee drinker.
• According to the researches of Harvard school of public health, caffeinated coffee lessens the risk of prostate cancer development. Drinking six or more cups of such coffee a day decreases chance of prostate cancer up to 20 percent. Another study shows that drinking three cups a day can still reduce prostate cancer risk by 30 percent.
• Caffeinated coffee drinking is also good for Parkinson’s disease. A study published in the ‘journal of Alzheimer’s disease’ shows coffee as a Parkinson’s disease risk reducing factor. It can lower the rick of such disease up to 25 percent.
• Caffeinated coffee is also beneficial to lower chances of several diseases, like Dementia (up to 65% reduced risk) ,Colon Cancer (up to 25% reduced risk) ,Cirrhosis (up to 80% reduced risk),Gallstones ( 50 % reduced ricks) and heart disease.
• Coffee is considered as a good relief factor in case of headache and asthma.
• Coffee drinking improves your memory.
• Antioxidants present in coffee increases endurance, thus improving your performance ability in a race or competition.