South Indian coffee flavours are quite a hit overseas.. Southern hill region is known as India’s dominated coffee production area. Kerala, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu contribute a greater percentage of the entire India’s coffee production. Karnataka is the largest coffee producing state contributing 53 percent of the total coffee production in India.
Out of the total production, the major percentage (80 percent) is used for export purpose. Italy, France, United States, Greece, Netherlands and many more countries are well known importers of Indian coffee. According to a recent study by the international coffee organization, India is the fifth largest caffe producer in the entire world. There are an approximate number of 2, 50,000 coffee growing industries in India. These coffee growing companies include nearly 98% of small growers and remaining two percentage are large scale coffee industries.
There are plenty of coffee producing brands including nestle, Hindustan Uniliver ltd, Tata coffee ltd and many more. The following paragraphs will introduce us to some of the famous café brands in India.
• Café coffee day, more familiar as CCD, is a renowned Indian coffee producing brand. This is a coffee producing branch of Amalgamated Bean Coffee Trading Company Limited. This company has been in existence since 1996 and presently known as the biggest coffee producing chain in India. Head quartered at the state of Karnataka, this company possesses more than 1000 cafes around 141 cities. CCD is a recognized quality coffee suppliers based on more than 10, 500 coffee estates.
• Hindustan Uniliver limited is one of the leading coffee producers in India. Their coffee products namely Bru is well known for quality and flavour. Bru occupies the first rank among several coffee brands in India. It is a favourite brand of the home users, both within India and several foreign countries.
• Tata coffee limited is another large coffee exporter and manufacturer of instant coffee in India. This company owns nineteen coffee estates, which at their best produce Arabica and robust coffees. Both of these coffees are available in washed and unwashed form. Coffee estates owned by this company are spread over 8037 hectors in Karnataka and Tamil Nadu.
• India coffee house: this coffee producing company is run by a group of co operative societies. This company possesses a large series of coffee restaurants including more than 400 coffee houses in all over India. Quality coffee provided by this company has made it a favourite place of coffee drinkers. The city of Kolkata includes several famous coffee houses in Jadavpur, Central Avenue and other busy spots of Kolkata.
• Nescafe is another renowned and popular coffee brand in India. It is a division of the food producing company nestle India and provides instant coffee. Introduced in the 1930’s, Nescafe is one of the popular instant coffee brands around the world till date.
• Barista Lavazza is an Italian coffee producing company. This brand sells its coffee through chain of Barista Lavazza espresso bars in India. This company is famous for providing coffee blends.